Components of the International marketing process – import and export
· International marketing is an ongoing process requiring financial and human resources.
· Export is not a hit-and-run action.
Import and identifying suppliers: Sourcing is an important element in the process
· International marketing is a voluntary act of your business.
· No one is forcing you to be an exporter.
· Make your decisions after full and comprehensive consideration, and not hastily.
· If you decide to export, you will not be awarded a medal, nor will you be reprimanded if you do not.
· You can only count on yourself. Do not rely on or have any expectation of getting grants or gifts. If you do get tham, count your blessings. If you do not, move on at your own pace.
· Be accountable to yourself, your organization, factory, business, products and employees. Decide if you want to get into exporting in a serious and systemic manner, and not just for the sake of an adventure.
· There is an element of uncertainty in international marketing. An element of ‘trial and error’. Try to minimize this by working with specialists.
- Define your expectations, objectives, and the tasks that both you can take on personally, and the business can handle.
- The global market is dynamic, competitive and ever-changing.
- Manufacturers and counties go in and out of the process. Governmental and organizational regulations and currency fluctuations are affected and affect the process. This can happen immediately. You must always have your finger on the pulse.
- In the current global market, where Israel is a player, nearly every product or service is exportableץ. BUT, no one is waiting for you. You must make an effort to market what you have abroad.
- Israel has international agreements and trade contracts and relations with most of the world.
- The export institutions and infrastructures in Israel are there to help you, but you must do the work.
- International marketing planning is a very important process. Be thorough.
- Approach the issue seriously, and do more than the bare minimum, for example, don’t tell someone “take the catalog and a sample. If you get an order you’ll get a percentage”… with that approach, you won’t get far. You might have sporadic success. That is not the way to develop a marketing network and agents abroad.
- There are several organizations in the field of export. You must get to know them and work with them. Export is an ongoing process with ups and downs. Do not despair when you are halfway there. Once you begin, do not stop!
- Draw conclusions from each success and/or every failure.
- Market response or client response might be immediate or may take some time.
- Export not only improves Israel’s balance of payment but can take your business forward. It will also provide feedback from the international market and trade conditions in your target country.
- Many Israeli exporters did this before you, and as proof, the scope of export and number of exporters has been growing steadily.
- The scope of Israeli export is approximately 0.5% of the world trade. This means that there are endless markets for quality projects and services at competitive prices.
- The local market is small, and stable at times. You must diversify the segmentation of your sales basket. Your ability to collect, analyze, ‘connect’, and draw conclusions from open and diverse sources is an important part of your activity.
Go Export © Go Global